With Australia’s Next Top Model down to the final four, the models set off to Italy this week where each transformed into an Italian “bella”. As the official hair partner, ELEVEN Australia was behind each hairstyle for what the judges believe to be one of the best shoots in ANTM history. We asked Australia’s Next Top Model Hair Director and our Co-Creative Director, Joey Scandizzo for his tips to nailing the natural textured hair look.
Summer is right around the corner which is a perfect time to embrace hair’s natural texture. This versatile style looks just as great during the day as it does on a night out. Being easy to maintain and style, textured hair is perfect for anyone that’s busy over summer.
The key to pulling off textured hair is all in the prep work. To make sure hair looks fresh, not dull, it needs to be hydrated and nourished. By using good quality shampoo and conditioner, you will replenish hair’s moisture as well as prevent split ends. Try Hydrate My Hair Moisture Shampoo and conditioner packed with silk amino acids and avocado oil to strengthen and nourish hair. If your hair’s in need of more TLC, read more of my healthy hair tips.
When it comes to styling, it all depends on your hair type and what style you’re going for. First, start with prepping damp hair with Miracle Hair Treatment. This will provide anti-fade protection from the sun, detangle hair and prevent heat damage. For fine hair, I Want Body Volume Spray packed with keratin and proteins repairs hair while providing loads of volume and texture. For normal to thick hair, Sea Salt Texture Spray is a great mix of proteins and sea salt that gives hair grit and movement.
How To: Australia’s Next Top Model Textured Hair
- Wash hair and towel dry. Blast quickly with a hairdryer so hair is no longer dripping but still damp.
- Spray Sea Salt Texture Spray and divide hair into 4 sections. Twist each section tightly and blow dry each piece until dry.
- For more defined curls, take a twist and run it over with a flat iron set to 185°C. Clamp the twist with the iron and hold for 5-10 seconds, working down the twist from root to tip.
- Untwist slowly, running your fingers through twists to break up the curls.
- Tip hair upside down and massage roots to create root lift and effortless flyaways.
- Spray lightly with I Want Body Volume Spray for extra texture wherever needed.
- To keep hair in check all day, pack a travel size Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray in your bag.
Be sure to tune in next Tuesday at 7:30PM on FOX8 for the final episode of Australia’s Next Top Model. In the meantime, follow us @elevenaustralia on Instagram for our behind the scenes look at ANTM.