Beach hair is an essential look for Spring and Summer so it’s no surprise that it was the hairstyle of choice for Australia’s Next Top Model swimwear shoot. Our Co-Creative Director and Australia’s Next Top Model Hair Director, Joey Scandizzo, has three different ways to create this summer look.
The beauty of beach hair is that it can be as messy, curly or textured as you want. Looking great on or off camera, it is the number one look my clients ask for. Whether you like to prep the night before or only have a couple minutes in the morning, anyone can pull off this look.
Method 1: The Night Before
- The night before, wash hair and let it air dry. When it’s just slightly damp, spray with Sea Salt Texture Spray.
- Split hair into 4 sections. Twist the front sections away from your face and the back sections towards your face.
- Keep twisting the sections as much as possible, before twisting the sections up your head and pinning into place on your head. Spray lightly with a bit more Sea Salt Texture Spray before heading to bed.
- When you wake up in the morning, unclip your hair and flip it over. Run your fingers lightly through the lengths, breaking up tight curls. Flip over and lightly spray with some Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray.
Method 2: Straight out of the Shower
- Wash hair and towel dry. Blast quickly with a hairdryer so hair is no longer dripping but still damp.
- Spray Sea Salt Texture Spray and divide hair into 4 sections. Twist each section tightly and blow dry each piece until dry.
- For more defined curls, take a twist and run it over with a flat iron set to 185°C. Clamp the twist with the iron and hold for 5-10 seconds, working down the twist from root to tip.
- Untwist slowly, running your fingers through twists to break up the curls.
- Spray lightly one final time with Sea Salt Texture Spray. Grab the ends and scrunch hair upwards in messy handfuls towards the roots.
- Flip your head upside down and lightly shake out. For a longer hold, spray lightly with Give Me Hold Flexible Hairspray.
Method 3: Beach Hair in Seconds
- Spray hair with Sea Salt Texture Spray wherever texture is desired
- Scrunch hair to boost texture and volume.
- Repeat until your desired look is achieved. Simple!